Full Time Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner Job in Langley , MD
Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
Join an established Family Practice clinic near Langley Park Maryland as a full-time Family Practice nurse practitioner. In this outpatient role, you’ll be working with a high functioning, close-knit team while serving a community with high population of Spanish speaking patients so the ability to understand and speak medical Spanish a plus. The ideal candidate loves to provide fast-paced, on-demand care. Enjoy outstanding quality of life.
- Full time shifts available.
- Outpatient care only
- Established practice.
- Experience in Urgent Care setting preferred but will train.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and treat patients with acute minor medical illness, minor acute exacerbations of chronic illness, and minor injuries.
- Perform minor office procedures such as laceration repairs, splints, cyst or toenail excision, abscess incision and drainage, etc.
- Evaluate and provide appropriate stabilization for patients with acute serious medical conditions or injuries and facilitate transfer as appropriate to an emergency facility or hospital.
- Evaluate, treat, and provide follow-up care of patients with work-related injuries, requesting referral when appropriate.
- Manage the patient’s care in a timely manner and maintain a level of productivity that is equivalent to the other providers on staff.
- Interact with office, laboratory, radiology, and nursing staff as part of the patient care process.
- Perform required quality assurance steps in the patient care process.
- Interpret laboratory, radiology, EKG and basic pulmonary function tests.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
Education/Certification: Licensed Nurse Practitioner should have current Maryland licensure, Federal DEA and IBOP certifications.
Complete adequate CME as required by licensure. Maintain current certifications in BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
Experience: Would prefer a minimum of two years’ experience working independently in a primary care, urgent care, or emergency care setting evaluating and treating a broad range of patients but will consider new grads willing to train.
Candidate needs to be able to understand and communicate at a minimum medical Spanish