Full Time Ophthalmology Physician Job in Big Spring , TX
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Optometrist is the lead of our eye care team. The Staff Optometrist works as part of the medical provider team providing Optometry services to the patients of the Center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such as glaucoma or color blindness.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws permit.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional medical treatment is determined necessary.
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye.
- Provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract and laser vision correction, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Prescribe therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision.
- Provides primary medical care by caring for all patients in accordance with the physician’s medical specialty.
- Develops a plan of care for each patient, including: complete medical history, physician examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and/or referral, including hospitalization where necessary.
- Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment, such as laboratory and radiological testing, in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry with a degree of Optometric Doctor.
- License to practice Optometry in the State of Texas. Licensed Therapeutic Optometrist preferred.
- The ability to relate with warmth and effectiveness to the patients and other health care providers of the health center
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
Competitive compensation with full benefits package.