Orthopedic Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner opportunity
Our client is seeking an Orthopedic NP or PA to work both outpatient and surgical setting with a long standing private practice group in Long Island NY. You will be joining a group of five orthopedic PA’s while working alongside all of our general orthopedists, trauma surgeon, sports medicine orthopedists and hand and upper extremity surgeons.
Duties for PA or NP include but not limited to
• Perform initial and follow up evaluations, either independently or in conjunction with the physician
• Order and evaluate x-rays, MRI’s and CT’s
• Perform closed reduction of fractures and dislocations
• Perform joint aspiration and injections with and without ultrasound
• Casting and splinting
• Prescribe medications appropriately and manage prescription refill requests
• Order and monitor physical and/or occupational therapeutic services
• Respond to patient phone calls to facilitate patient care delivery
• Educate patients and family on diagnosis, treatment and prevention
• Assist Surgical Coordinator with surgery details and ensure that the appropriate equipment is ordered, including contacting reps as necessary.
• Make rounds on all hospitalized patients.
• Dictate hospital admission notes and consult notes.
• Arrange and dictate discharge summaries for all hospital discharge patients.
• Assist the physician in surgical procedures
• Prep patients
• Assist during procedure
• Close wounds
• Write post-operative orders
Client offers excellent compensation and benefits