Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: San Jose CA
Job Type: Full-time
Our client , a leading healthcare organization committed to providing comprehensive mental health services to individuals in need. We are dedicated to improving the mental well-being of our community through compassionate and evidence-based care. As we continue to expand our services, we are seeking a dedicated Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team and play a crucial role in delivering high-quality psychiatric care.
Position Overview: As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals to assess, diagnose, and provide advanced psychiatric care to patients of all ages. Your role will be pivotal in improving the mental health and quality of life for those struggling with various psychiatric disorders.
Assessment and Diagnosis: Conduct thorough psychiatric evaluations, including mental health history, physical exams, and diagnostic assessments, to identify and diagnose mental health disorders.
Treatment Planning: Collaborate with psychiatrists, psychologists, and other healthcare providers to develop comprehensive treatment plans tailored to individual patient needs.
Medication Management: Prescribe and manage psychotropic medications, monitor their effectiveness, and adjust dosages as necessary while ensuring patient safety and compliance.
Therapeutic Interventions: Provide evidence-based psychotherapy and counseling services to patients, including individual, group, and family therapy.
Patient Education: Educate patients and their families about mental health conditions, treatment options, and strategies for self-management.
Crisis Intervention: Respond to psychiatric emergencies and provide crisis intervention as needed, including coordinating hospital admissions when necessary.
Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, treatment plans, and progress notes in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
Collaborative Care: Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as social workers, case managers, and primary care physicians, to ensure coordinated and holistic care for patients.
Continuing Education: Stay current with the latest developments in psychiatric healthcare through ongoing education and training.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in psychiatric nursing from an accredited program.
- Current state licensure as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in California.
- Certification PMHNP-BC.
- Prior experience in psychiatric nursing is preferred but not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement savings plans.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), Vietnamese, Spanish and other languages may be required depending on location.
- Fluency in other languages are an asset.